After you have installed Mobile Spy and you have created your username and password on the Registration page, you should perform these steps below to set up and configure Mobile Spy to your needs.
1. When you have completed the installation, you MUST POWER DOWN THE PHONE. Allow 30 seconds after powering off the device and then power the device back up. Once the device is powered back on, bring up the Dialer. Dial *12345# and press Send. This will bring up the Mobile Spy interface log in screen.
2. This is the Mobile Spy interface log in screen. Here, enter your username and password EXACTLY as you did when you created them. Punctuation MUST be exact. Once you have done that, tap Login.
3. This next screen will appear. This is the main menu of Mobile Spy. Here you can select what monitoring options you wish to enable and use. Just tap the designated option to bring up that option's menu screen.
Also, pressing the Menu button on this screen brings up options where you can change the PIN number to bring up the interface or your account login information.
To change the PIN number you dial to access the Mobile Spy interface, tap on Change PIN. The following screen will appear.
This will allow you change the PIN number you dial to any other you wish. The * and # will be automatically entered for you at the ends, so just simply enter the old PIN number (12345 by default) in the Old PIN field and in the new PIN number the New PIN and Confirm PIN fields. Then tap Save. This step is completely optional and is not required to be completed at the point on installation.
To change the login account where your logs will go to, select Change Login. The following screen will appear.
Enter in the new username and password you wish the logs to be sent to in the appropriate fields. Tap Login when finished and the software will sync up with the servers and now transmit the logs to this new account.
4. This is the menu screen for the Logging Options. Here you can enable or disable specific logging features, which are the Call History, Text Messages, Contacts, Calendar Entries, Pictures, Websites Visited, Apps Installed & Phone Usage logs. Tap on the checkbox to enable or disable a particular feature. Changes are automatically saved. Press the Back button on the phone to return to the Mobile Spy main menu.
5. This is the menu screen for the Location Options. Here you can select to monitor the GPS location of the monitored device or the Cell ID records, as well as how often the locations are uploaded. You can only monitor one feature, either GPS locations or Cell ID records, at a time NOT simultaneously. Changes are automatically saved. Press the Back button on the phone to return to the Mobile Spy main menu.
6. This is the menu screen for the SMS Commands. Here you can enable the features for SIM Change Notifications and configuring SMS commands. Tap on the checkbox to enable or disable a particular feature. To setup the number the SIM change alert will go to, simply enter it in the Mobile Number field. Changes are automatically saved. Press the Back button on the phone to return to the Mobile Spy main menu.
Android SMS Commands:
*12345# lock - Remotely lock the phone to restrict usage.
*12345# unlock - Remotely unlock the phone to allow usage.
*12345# gps - Retrieve the current GPS position of the monitored phone. The phone you send the command from will receive an SMS message containing this position and a link to it on a map.
*12345# siminfo - Retrieve the current information on the SIM card currently in the device. The phone you send the command from will receive an SMS message containing this information.
*12345# wipe - Remotely delete the recent call history, SMS history, URL history, stored contacts, and photos on the monitored device.
When sending an SMS command, only include the command code itself (no other info in the message). The monitored phone will not receive an incoming message alert as if a normal SMS message does.
NOTE: If you change the dial sequence from *12345# to another number, include the * in front of the number and the # at the end. Also, for SMS commands, if you change the dial sequence, use that sequence in lieu of the *12345# in the SMS commands.
7. This is the Email Settings menu. This feature is ONLY available if you have purchased the LIVE Control Panel feature. If you attempt to enable this feature and you are not subscribed to the LIVE Control Panel, this menu will be darkened and the following message will appear. From this menu you can subscribe to the LIVE Control Panel feature.
If you are subscribed to the LIVE Control Panel feature, the following menu will appear.
This menu allows you to enable your LIVE Control Panel and receive your Mobile Spy logs via email to the email account you select. Enter your valid email address in the Enter Email ID field and use the slider to select the interval you wish to receive these emails. Then you can select which log types you wish to receive in these email reports. Tap the checkboxes to include or remove a particular log type from the email reports.
8. This is the Restrict Applications menu. From this menu, you can select to block specific applications and options on the device. You can block a downloaded application, a built-in feature, or even access to the phone's settings menus. To do so, find an application or option from the list and tap the checkbox to the right of the name to enable blocking of that application. Changes are automatically saved. Press the Back button on the phone to return to the Mobile Spy main menu.
9. Once you have configured Mobile Spy to fit your needs, you can press your Home or Back button to exit the Mobile Spy interface. Once you are back to the device's home screen, POWER DOWN THE DEVICE. Allow 30 seconds after the phone is powered down, then power the phone back on. Mobile Spy is now ready to monitor!
*** Make sure to clear all call logs and URL logs on the device after installation to remove any trace that Mobile Spy has been installed onto the device. ***
To uninstall Mobile Spy from your Android device, please follow these instructions:
Removing Mobile Spy from your Android device
You are now ready to monitor using Mobile Spy. Send some test SMS messages and calls. Logs will start showing in your online account after 20 minutes. To check logs, go to this specific login page to login from any Internet browser: https://www.mobilespylogs.com
See the general User Guide for more info on checking logs.