After you have created your username and password, there are three different groups of steps you must perform. These groups of steps are outlined below:
What is Jailbreaking & Why do I need it?
For Mobile Spy to function, it needs to run silently in the background. Normally, the iPhone cannot run applications in the background. It's necessary to jailbreak your iPhone so you can run the silent application in the background.
Jailbreaking your phone creates a Cydia icon which can be hidden easily. Cydia is needed to run the program in the background. There is no cost to jailbreaking your iPhone and it is completely reversible if the need should ever arise.
We DO NOT provide support or instructions on how to jailbreak your iPhone. The best reference websites for jailbreaking an iPhone are iClarified.com and Redmond Pie. On these sites, you can search for the methods on how to jailbreak your particular model of iPhone.
Now that you have jailbroken your phone, most of the hard work is finished. Now it's time to install the Mobile Spy program.
1. After jailbreaking your phone, you will see the Cydia application on your springboard. You can hide this icon through the Mobile Spy interface after finishing the installation. This is what that icon will look like:
2. Tap Cydia to run it, agree to any requests from Cydia. If it asks you to choose "Developer, User, or Hacker" please choose "Developer".
Then Cydia will restart to reflect those changes. If Cydia asks you to download any updates, please do so. They usually take just a few minutes and are necessary to ensure the installation runs smoothly and without error.
3. Run Cydia again.
4. You will need to first install 2 supporting utilities in order for Mobile Spy to run efficiently.
Tap the Search icon in the black bar at the bottom of the screen. In the Search field, type Mobile Substrate. Then tap on the Mobile Substrate entry. Then in the top-right corner, tap the Install button. After the download completes, tap the Return to Cydia button.
Next, tap the Search icon in the black bar at the bottom of the screen In the Search field, type SQLite 3.x. Then tap on the SQLite 3.x entry. Then in the top-right corner, tap the Install button. After the download completes, tap the Return to Cydia button once again.
5. Once the 2 supporting utilities are installed, tap the Manage icon in the black bar at the bottom of the screen.
6. Then, tap on the Sources field.
7. Once in the Sources folder, tap the Edit button in the top-right corner.
8. Then tap the Add button in the top-left corner.
9. In the Add Sources pop-up box, type in the correct URL for the operating system version that is running on the iPhone:
Once you finish typing in the source, tap the Add Source button.
10. This next screen will appear while Cydia is automatically adding the source.
11. Once Cydia has automatically added the source, tap the Return To Cydia button at the bottom of the screen. you will return to the Sources menu.
12. Now tap on the entry as shown below. This is the camouflaged name of Mobile Spy, as not to arouse suspicion or to give away that this phone is being monitored.
13. Then tap the Install button in the top-right corner to install Mobile Spy.
14. On the Confirm screen, tap the Confirm button in the upper right corner.
15. When this screen appears, Cydia is now downloading Mobile Spy to your phone.
After it finishes installing, tap the Return To Cydia button at the bottom of the screen. Then, press the Home button to return to the main springboard. POWER OFF THE DEVICE, wait 30 seconds, and then POWER IT BACK ON.
16. Now you MUST configure the monitoring features of Mobile Spy in order for the software to log and record the areas you want. The step-by-step instructions to do so are on the following page:
Mobile Spy Version 6.0 for iPhone Setup & Configuration Instructions