Welcome to the installation page for your iPhone. These instructions will show you how to install Mobile Spy onto a device where the end-user has already jailbroken the phone and uses Cydia regularly.
This guide assumes you have already made your account on the Mobile Spy server as described in the User Guide.
Install Mobile Spy using Cydia.
1. Find the Cydia application on your springboard. This is what that icon will look like:
2. Tap Cydia to run it.
3. Tap Search at the bottom. In the Search field, type OpenSSH. Then tap on the Open SSH entry. Then in the top-right corner, tap Install. Next, tap Confirm in the top-right corner. After the download completes, tap the Return to Cydia button.
4. Next, tap Manage at the bottom.
6. Then tap the Sources box.
7. Once in the Sources folder, tap Edit in the top-right corner.
8. Then tap the Add box in the top-left corner.
10. Once Cydia has added the source, tap Done in the top-right corner.
12. Now tap on the Core Utilities (/lib) entry. Mobile Spy is given this name so if the end-user does find this listing, it will appear to them as it is supposed to be installed inside Cydia.
13. Then tap the Install button in the top-right corner to install Mobile Spy.
14. On the Confirm screen, tap Confirm in the upper right corner.
15. When this screen appears, Cydia is now downloading Mobile Spy to your phone.
After it finishes installing, it will return you to Cydia. Press the Home button to return to the main springboard. Then POWER OFF THE DEVICE and then POWER IT BACK ON.
Accessing & configuring the interface.
You're almost finished!
Now that you've got the program installed, it's time to bring up the interface and configure Mobile Spy to your needs.
1. First, bring up the interface by dialing **54321 from the dialer.
2. The springboard of the iPhone will reset and now an icon to access the Mobile Spy interface will now be visible labeled Smartphone. Tap on the Smartphone icon to bring up the interface.
3. Now the interface should appear and prompt you for your log in information. Use your username / password you had created online in these fields. Make sure to input them EXACTLY the same way you created them online. Capitalization MUST be exact.
4. Now that you have logged in successfully, you can configure Mobile Spy to log & record the options you want it to. After logging in, tap the Logging field at the bottom of the screen. This will bring up the options menu where you can select which options you want Mobile Spy to record.
To turn a specific function On or Off, just swipe your finger over the slider to turn the function On or Off.
5. Next, tap the Location field at the bottom. This will bring up the GPS tracking feature. Here, you can select to turn this feature On or Off and select the frequency that Mobile Spy will record GPS locations.
6. Then tap the Settings field to move to the stealth settings. Here, you can change the number sequence you dial to bring up the interface. Also, you can select whether or not to hide the Cydia and Smartphone icons. By default, these features are set to On to hide these icons. If you make any changes here, make sure to tap Save before exiting.
*** For this version, keep the slider for "Hide Icon" in the ON position. But move the slider for the "Hide Jailbroken Icon" to the OFF position. This ensures that Cydia will not be hidden on the springboard of the phone, since the end-user will use Cydia on their own. ***
7. Once you have configured Mobile Spy to fit your needs, press the Home button to return back to the springboard. Within 2-5 seconds, the springboard will reset again back to its original view, hiding both the Cydia icon and Smartphone icon. Now Mobile Spy is ready to monitor!
*** Make sure to clear all call logs on the device after installation to remove any trace that Mobile Spy has been installed onto the device. ***
Uninstalling Mobile Spy.
The instructions to uninstall the any previous version of Mobile Spy from your iPhone can be found on this page:
iPhone Mobile Spy Previous Version Uninstall Guide
To view your logs, go to this specific login page to view the logs from any Internet browser:
Login page for Mobile Spy Versions 5.x and older.
Login page for Mobile Spy Versions 6+.
See the general User Guide for more info on checking logs.